Saturday 2 April 2016

Imperfect Perfections

I am a one of those complete social media freaks who checks  her phone every 15 minutes for facebook,snapchat,instagram updates. The other day as I rushed to office, like I always do I realized I forgot my cell phone at home. I had to reach office without scavenging facebook timelines, liking silly posts or worst I couldnt even listen to music. To top it, I gloriously forgot to carry a book too!

I figured why my father carried the daily newspaper when travelling to work. It kept him occupied during the dreaded journey from Andheri to Churchgate. My Goregaon located office is still a bliss! Those 30 minutes in the rickshaw turned out to be my me time. I decided to have conversations with myself and turns out, life without facebook isn't really that boring.

You must have surely come across those check lists on social media where they tell you how dreadful it is being in your early twenties or what you should do before you hit 30 or get married,etc.And we all read it and shared it, because hey,  it related to one fact or other in our to-achieve something race and we ended up linking to our daily pandemonium!

So is it really that bad? Two sides of the coin they say. There is that darker side with career confusions, job hunts, sudden responsibilities, bill payments,future plannings and what not..
 And then there is that other underrated or less talked about side.. the brighter one which  only talks about tricks and trips sadly, where infact there is so much to it....
The 20-40 gang is the right chemical mix of time, money and energy, and a concoction of these three leads to wonders,as the history has it!

It has the zeal and zest to learn new things, master them, pursue hobbies, travel, switch jobs, start a start-up, study,cut your hair short, break up/make up...
Doth the soul say..

Globalization I believe gave us way more advantages than it did to our parents. You can royally fail, because you have all the right too, have those heated conventional versus non conventional career discussions with your parents, and then meet your friends for a drink later to vent it all out just to know that we are all sailing on the same river, maybe on different boats.

So unlike Carrie Bradshaw's monologue in SATC, I do not meet my girlfriends over breakfast every day, or have dinner with them every Saturday, to discuss every cranky thing happening, but yes coming form the digital generation they know  the reason behind sudden 'I am so confused' or 'I love you so much' ( Its either post drinking or extra thinking symptoms)

Movies and Novels injected the perfect youth into me so much that I forgot that sometimes laughing when you fall down is a better choice than cheering to fake joy, that sometimes it is a wonderful stroke of luck when the needed is not served on your plate, maybe it is trying to teach you some patience.In the long run curve, as someone once told me , some may succeed early,some later but the summation of all the parameters always tallies. As they say, 'Waqt waqt ki baat hai'...

Perfections aren't myth, they are for real. They just didn't tell you that is a continuous process and the gestation period takes a bit too long at time..that as Marlyn Monroe put it 'Madness is genius and Imperfection is beauty'

So lets embrace the good, laugh it out, because after the last crystal of sand has fallen, the hour glass does turn upside down again... right?


Happy Sunday Folks :)




No comments:

Post a Comment